Medrio makes software that is improving the world's health through faster and more efficient clinical trials. Our revolutionary CloudEDC technology makes clinical trial data collection easy and affordable. We are currently looking for an experienced Application Security Engineer to join our growing Dev team and spearhead Medrio's security and privacy initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform black-box penetration testing and code reviews of all components of the Medrio Platform.
- Provide technical oversight of security and privacy initiatives within the organization.
- Evaluate and deploy application and network security tools for use within the platform.
- Develop secure coding practices and the security curriculum for engineers and testers.
- Assess all security reports and implement risk mitigation actions.
- Oversee all security monitoring tools and create relevant dashboards, reports and alerts.
Skills/Areas of Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, an engineering field or related experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in an application security role.
- In-depth experience identifying and protecting against web application vulnerabilities.
- Relevant experience with the Microsoft stack: SQL Server, Microsoft .NET, Windows.
- Strong knowledge of browser security model, mobile app security, crypto and network security.
- Experience with security tools for static analysis, dynamic analysis, penetration testing, intrusion detection.
- Not required but helpful: Excellent communication and presentation skill; experience with security on a SaaS platform; experience working in an agile environment (SCRUM); knowledge of clinical research data standards such as CDISC ODM.
Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinic trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup. Founded in 2005, Medrio is privately owned and currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees.
We are looking for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful office with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- A convenient location two blocks from BART in downtown San Francisco.
- Monthly events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!