Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinical trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup.
We are looking for a savvy DevOps professional to join our team. The ideal candidate would be based in the Czech Republic, and have native-level proficiency in German with a high-level proficiency in English.
In this role, your primary responsibility is building, automating and evolving the software support, infrastructure, and supporting technologies that our product depends on. The focus will be on maintaining and expanding our existing infrastructure towards automating everything from initial server provisioning, application deployment to all dev, test, production environments, and monitoring of these services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a wide range of system administration duties for Medrio’s core SaaS application in the cloud and ensure SLA targets are met.
- Define, implement and monitor all IT resources for Medrio’s core SaaS application.
- Manage a Microsoft centric virtual server environment.
- Increase repeatability and efficiency using automation and scripting.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will continue to improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Coordinate infrastructure system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
- Ensure proper security controls and best practices are adhered to.
Skills/Areas of Experience:
- 3-5yrs+ experience within a complex 24/7 Windows / VMware environment.
- High level of proficiency in German and English.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2016, Hyper-V, VSphere 6.0, IIS, MSSQL, load balancing, and caching.
- Experience using Jenkins for deployments
- Experience managing routers and firewalls in a 24/7 Production environment
- Experience with monitoring Infrastructure with tools like SolarWinds & Splunk
- Experience using PowerShell, scripting languages to automate infrastructure.
- Experience in managing large scale web applications in production
- Understanding of software development methodologies and practices, including agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Be able to take a bare-metal server/hardware to fully functional app servers
- Participate in Release deployments and participate in revising software design to scale and prevent against failures
- Knowledge about cloud infrastructure, container technology, deployment automation, and management of production environments
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Excellent teamwork, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of HTTP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, ADFS, SSL, VPN, IIS, WSUS, MS SQL and TFS
- Familiarity with IaaS and PaaS solutions (Azure, AWS etc) and with on premise to cloud migration a plus.
MCSE Server Infrastructure
VMware VCP Certification
Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinical trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup. Founded in 2005, Medrio is privately owned and currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees.
We are looking for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful HQ in downtown San Francisco with ping-pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Great benefits: We offer medical, dental, vision, and life/LTD insurance, and we cover 100% of our employees’ health insurance premiums and 50% of dependent premiums.
- Wellness: Medrio values our staff’s well-being. To prove it, we help cover the cost of your gym membership, and promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules and locations.
- Monthly events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!