Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinical trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup. Founded in 2005, Medrio is privately owned and currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees. We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst Reporting and API who will help us continue to deliver world-class software.
Medrio is continuously adding new technologies to advance its customer experiences, and this role offers an excellent chance to join a team that has embraced, and is leading the way, in a new reporting and API platform for our SaaS systems. The role of the Business Analyst is to support and enable business change. The Business Analysts are responsible for collaborating with product management, eliciting requirements from business owners for projects and then performing the necessary analysis and documentation to ensure the changes are on time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Product Management, Business and IT teams to discover and identify Reporting and APIs, document requirements for Reporting/APIs and Reporting/API consumers, develop test cases for automated test suites, and develop API documentation.
- Duties include but are not limited to: gathering, developing, coordinating, and maintaining business requirements for various projects and/or systems from initial phase to final implementation, assuring requirements meet standards; troubleshooting, coordinating, and maintaining production systems/programs/applications; assisting in maintenance and communication of project status reports and tracking.
- Work with various business and IT teams to evangelize API first architecture.
- Work on Agile development teams to develop, test and implement Reporting/APIs.
- Provide efficient project processes and deliverables to shorten the project life cycle, where applicable.
- Work with application support and development team to fix software bugs and escalated issues.
- Lead resolution to issues with interfacing systems built on different technologies.
- Facilitate and participate in regular project status reviews.
- Convert high-level User Requirements into executable, detailed User Stories to enable development.
- Visual Modeling (ie Wireframes, flow charts skills).
Skills/Areas of Experience:
Knowledge / Skills
- Experience leading an Reporting & API practice/program at a large organization.
- Expert level knowledge working with an enterprise reporting platform and API management for governance, analytics and reporting, and policy management.
- Strong experience in discovery, identification, and documentation of Reporting & APIs.
- Ability to work with multiple IT and business teams to gather and document Reporting & API requirements.
- Experience developing requirements in an agile process and test scenarios for automated test suites for Reporting & APIs.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- 3 - 5 years of project coordination and clinical trial business experience is preferred.
- 3 -5 years of experience working on Reporting & API development.
- Must possess the technical expertise to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills.
- Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results.
Candidate must have the ability to deliver quality work on time and translate planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies.
- Must also have the ability to proactively monitor and control task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus.
- Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Three to five years of product analyst or business analyst experience is required.
- Healthcare knowledge required. Clinical trails software is a plus.
At Medrio, we are looking for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful office with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- A convenient location two blocks from BART in downtown San Francisco.
- Monthly events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!