Medrio needs you to join our agile software development team as our database guru. You will work with a dedicated team of software engineers, testers, IT and product managers to improve Medrio’s software platform and help us handle fast growth and customer needs. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented database developer to leverage their experience and expand their technical horizons while building leading Enterprise-level SaaS solutions in the healthcare industry. In this challenging role, you will utilize your SQL, T-SQL abilities to develop our industry-leading product as you collaborate with a team of skilled professionals. We are an established, rock solid company with a leading software solution and plenty of chances for the motivated developer to advance their career technically and professionally.
In order to succeed, you will need in-depth experience with SQL and T-SQL, have worked with high-volume web applications, and possess the collaboration skills to work effectively with other members of our engineering team, QA, support team, and product managers. Our fast-paced environment is conducive to innovation and we reward our engineers with new and exciting projects, technical and professional advancement and the ability to research and implement the latest technologies on a daily basis. If this sounds like a match for you, please apply!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hands on experience in optimizing the database schema of the Medrio application for throughput and response times
- Design and implement data structures for new functionality and restructure existing data structures to increase performance, write queries and stored procedures
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on database design to the engineering team
- Ensure all database entities are properly tested for new functionalities/changes considering the performance benchmarks.
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as design and test plans
- Oversee the Medrio database application in all environments, development, staging and production
- Identify bottlenecks in database performance in production environments on a continuous basis
- Manage changes to the production environment servers according to company guidelines
- Proactively monitor development databases to identify the issues as well as solutions to those problems.
- Participate in team meetings
Skills/Areas of Experience:
- BS Degree and 5+ years of database design and implementation in a SaaS or high throughput client/server environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience possible.
- A strong desire to learn and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong understanding of and experience with relational schema design
- Strong knowledge of and experience using T-SQL/ SQL Server 2016
- Solid experience with performance tuning SQL Server 2016
- Understanding ADO.NET usage patterns within a .NET Web application
- Working knowledge of XML
- Experience with ORM frameworks and their use with SQL Servers
- Not required but helpful:
- Experience working in an agile environment (SCRUM)
- Experience with NoSQL databases like CouchbaseDB, MongoDB
- Knowledge of clinical research data standards such as CDISC ODM
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Splunk (BI tool)
We are looking for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful office with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Two convenient Bay Area locations close to BART in downtown San Francisco and Pleasanton.
- Employee events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!