Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinical trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup. Founded in 2005, Medrio is privately owned and currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees. We are looking for an experienced Clinical Research Product Manager (PM) who will help us continue to deliver world class software.
The PM will drive the enhancement process and development of our biggest and most important product line (EDC) and services to support the strategic direction of the Medrio business, while building out the innovation roadmap and the supporting business case for new product development within their area of accountability. The PM will also play a key role in defining the overall Medrio EDC landscape, hierarchy and opportunity through thoughtful Voice of the Customer input, market intelligence/research and multi-factorial assessment. The PM will work closely with sales, marketing and engineering to keep a pulse on customer needs and new feature adoption and deliver pragmatic implementations of the Medrio product vision in a very fast paced start-up environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze markets and use a fact-based, hypothesis-driven approach to determine actionable strategies to make our vision a reality; Formulate Product and Lifecycle Management Strategies and Plans.
- Understand and know our customers, their challenges and how they deal with those challenges today with respect to the competitive landscape, including but not limited to: current areas of inefficiencies, safety concerns, waste, less then optimal processes and additional potential areas of improvement.
- Develop and construct the EDC product roadmaps via holistic capturing of Voice of the Customer and market assessments across the clinical research space.
- Define the EDC product strategy and roadmap through interaction with cross-functional teams and a thorough understanding of client needs by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews and educate internal teams on current and future product roadmap.
- Lead the development of product design and release processes and define, prioritize, and communicate short and long-term product goals.
- Be responsible for feature specification ranging from functional definition, use cases, user and interaction design guidance.
- Collaborate with Sales, R&D and functional leaders on company strategy and how it translates to specific product initiatives.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to develop/refine launch plan for new product releases including product positioning, packaging and pricing and managing product launch process.
- Act as central point of communication for product expertise, requirements and roadmap validation with engineering and business teams.
Skills/Areas of Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in product management; Strong data/technical background a plus
- Track record of taking ownership and driving business results
- An action-oriented and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Embodies the Medrio core values and is a model of integrity
- Advanced knowledge of the clinical research industry, including sponsors, CROs and eClinical providers, as well as, EDC product capabilities, strongly preferred
- Strong time management skills with an ability to maintain numerous priorities and meet established deadlines
- Self-motivated, takes on additional responsibilities, and manages priorities with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- 15% travel to customers and conferences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, healthcare, science or technology/engineering with an excellent academic record.
At Medrio, we hire smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful office with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Two convenient Bay Area locations that are close to BART (San Francisco & Pleasanton).
- Monthly events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!