Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinical trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup. Founded in 2005, Medrio is privately owned and currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees.
The Sr. Director of Business Development will drive revenue growth and collaborative business partnerships with all prospective CRO and sponsor clients in his/ her assigned geographic area of responsibility (the New England Region). The specific assigned geographic coverage area will be provided during the hiring process.
The Sr. Director of Business Development will be responsible for rapidly responding to inquiries and leads, and generating new client business with prospective accounts operating in the assigned area where clinical operations, research and development, procurement/ out-sourcing, and other key teams drive decisions for the outsourcing of EDC and eSource for clinical trials. This role is expected to coordinate interaction with Medrio's customer-facing teams to drive revenue growth and stronger collaborative partnerships. Ideal candidates should have experience selling to the C suite level, clinical operations, outsourcing, and data management, and can demonstrate skill with scientific solutions based selling, clinical trial management knowledge, marketing resources, and leveraging and negotiating the value proposition which may include innovative contract strategy and rebating. When negotiating, this individual will demonstrate strong financial stewardship for the company. Additionally, this individual will be involved in high level, cross functional decisions working with Account Management, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, Contracting, and other internal departments.
The Sr. BD is expected to be a subject matter expert in the clinical trials market landscape, including their accounts; and when necessary, coordinate and/ or interact with Medrio’s global Business Development team members in Europe and Asia to maximize the growth of account partnerships and sales revenue. Additionally, internal coordination with team members in Account Management, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, Product Management and other internal teams is required to exceed client expectations in all areas, resulting in achievement of the objectives of this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieving the sales revenue goals established for the area of coverage under his/ her responsibility.
- Entering and updating all prospective client activity information (to include: appointments, email communications, opportunities, and other relevant activities) into the Medrio standard CRM tool (Salesforce.com) on a frequent and consistent basis (daily).
- Coordinating and managing the development and delivery of proposals delivered to targeted accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with accounts including C suite, executive, and mid-level decision makers to ensure optimal ROI on time and expenses invested (including a high level of executive presence).
- Ability to implement a superior level of written and verbal communication skills including; emails, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel capabilities that can be directly communicated to the targeted client contacts and senior leaders at Medrio.
- Effective use of persuasion and influence in communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate conflict management in all situations.
- Demonstrated high degree of financial acumen - ability to create and leverage internal and customer perspective financial analyses to achieve profitable access.
- Demonstration of High degree of Emotional Intelligence.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment utilizing decision making skills to interpret the business quickly to improve business performance.
- Global contracting skills start to finish demonstrating corporate financial stewardship.
- Effective utilization of negotiation theories and principles to achieve a profitable outcome.
- Contract strategy development and decision making. Ability to track the ROI on all contracts and contract optimization.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Clinical Trials market landscape, customers, regulatory requirements and trends. Effectively communicate this knowledge to all Medrio departments and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in establishing solid working relationships with AMs, BDs, CSMs, SEs, SDRs and other key departments to ensure adoption and execution of overall strategic plan and exceeding sales targets.
- Follow all Company - wide compliance policies and ability to articulate and understand the policies.
- Ability to mentor members of Medrio Teams, including Sales Development, Business Development, Account Management, Sales Engineering, and other teams to assist in succession planning for the Sr. Director of Business Development role.
- Ability to use advanced business acumen. The ability to use an explicit or, implicit business framework to link the objectives of key stakeholders, the competitive strategies required for success, the people and activities needed to deliver intended results, and the business processes that support Medrio’s growth strategy.
- Ability to develop advanced business planning for targeted prospective accounts including; strategy, sophisticated market analysis, customer insights, and execution.
- Ability to lead and manage change within the organization.
- Demonstrated executive presence at the C suite.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/ life sciences market segment.
- Strong business acumen skills including proven analytical, negotiation and reimbursement acumen.
- MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Established competencies to include: Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Clinical Knowledge, Drive for Results, Influence, Interpersonal Skills, Managerial Courage; Negotiation, Problem Solving, Strategic Agility; Executive Presence.