At Medrio, our purpose is to save 500,000 lives by providing clinical researchers with the software tools necessary to chase the next breakthrough in public health. Our success is defined by our customers’ ability to accelerate their research, eliminate hurdles, and maximize their return on investment. We’re committed to supporting our customers (primarily sponsors and CROs in early phase pharma, medical device, and diagnostic clinical research) along their journey of medical discovery.
The VP of Marketing will be responsible for developing, leading and executing Medrio’s marketing communication strategy. This role will be instrumental in shaping the image of Medrio as a leader in the eClinical space and establishing market presence for our EDC, DDC, eConsent and eCOA solutions. The VP of Marketing will craft a detailed marketing strategy and be instrumental in both building awareness of the Medrio brand and converting prospects into leads. This position will oversee all external communications including PR, webinars, white papers, website content, social media and events
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Executive and global business development team to develop a marketing plan and strategic initiatives to achieve quarterly and annual marketing goals
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and social media.
- Sits on the senior leadership team. Participates in executive team meetings; uses expertise and experience to impact strategic decisions made by the group.
- Inspires other executives and the entire Medrio team with the Marketing vision.
- Become an expert on our eClinical suite and the competitive advantages of our solutions; use that knowledge to develop effective product messaging.
- Work with our customers to understand our product’s advantages and current position in the market.
- Create and train on sales enablement materials for the sales team.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and enhance the marketing program.
- Oversee the company's presence at relevant industry events including speaking and exhibiting opportunities.
- Oversee press release strategy and trade media outlets (traditional and digital) to generate awareness and demand for Medrio solutions.
- Direct content development including drafting and editing white papers, case studies, webinars, email blasts, social media, client communications, etc. as outlined in overall marketing plan.
- Collaborate with Medrio’s product team to coordinate and message new product launches.
- Gather data and deliver information about customers, competitors, and market, including pricing.
- Engage with customers regularly both onsite, at trade shows, and at the Medrio office.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of well-rounded marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Must have experience marketing product to a scientific community in the healthcare, eClinical or life science industries
- 5+ years of leadership experience, with a proven track record of developing and executing a successful strategic marketing plan.
- Proven track record of strong team building and leadership skills, including effective training and mentoring of direct reports.
- Strong creative vision combined with a data-driven and analytical mindset.
- Passionate about understanding our customers’ needs and wants, with the ability to effectively speak to them through various marketing channels.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, demand generation, brand, sales and business development; along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At Medrio, we hire smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful office with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Two convenient Bay Area locations that are close to BART (San Francisco & Pleasanton).
- Unlimited vacation and a generous sick time off policy.
- Employee events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!